Information on data protection.
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be traced to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The data controller pursuant to Article 4 para. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
ONLINE BIRDS GmbH
Munich Local Court
Managing Director: André Meier
Nymphenburger Str. 12, 80335 Munich, Germany
VAT ID: DE285854698
(see our imprint).
Contact details of our data protection officer:
PROLIANCE GmbH/ https://www.datenschutzexperte.de/
You can reach our data protection officer at datenschutzbeauftragter(at)datenschutzexperte.de.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, possibly your name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or restrict the processing if there are statutory retention obligations.
(4) If we wish to use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offering or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes. We also specify the fixed criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- right to information,
- right to rectification or deletion,
- right to limit the processing,
- right to object to the processing,
- right to data transferability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- contents of the request (concrete page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transferred in each case
- website from which the request originates
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the entity that sets the cookie (we, in this case). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient Cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes session cookies, in particular. They store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Further functions and offers on our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will generally have to provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some instances, we use external service providers to process your data. These service providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are inspected regularly.
(4) We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when we offer promotions, sweepstakes, contracts or similar services in conjunction with partners. You will receive further information on this when you enter your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
(5) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this fact in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection against or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on a weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case, if the processing is not necessary in particular for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which we shall illustrate in each case with the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the facts and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out our compelling reasons, which are worth protecting, on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us of your objection to advertising through the following contact details: info(at)online-birds.com.
§ 6 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services advertised are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for subscribing to our newsletter. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail at the e-mail address provided in which we will ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store the IP addresses you use and the dates of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information for sending the newsletter. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) At any time, you can revoke your consent to the newsletter being sent and cancel the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by sending an e-mail to info(at)online-birds.com or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behavior when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. For the evaluations, we link the data mentioned in § 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links received in the newsletter also contain this ID.
(6) With the data thus obtained, we create a user profile in order to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. We record when you read our newsletters, which links you click in them and infer your personal interests from this. We link this data to actions you take on our website.
§ 7 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. "("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and allow your use of the website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, Google will first truncate your IP address within member states of the European Union or other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means that IP addresses are further processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. If the data collected on you is related to a person, this is excluded immediately, and the personal data is deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enables us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Fr.... The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
§ 8 Use of Social Media Plug-ins
(1) We are currently using the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+, Xing, LinkedIn, Instagram. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in by the mark on the box above its initial letter or the logo. We offer you the possibility of communicating directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked field, thus activating it, will the plug-in provider receive the information that you have visited the corresponding website of our online offering. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, the IP address is made anonymous immediately after collection, according to information provided by the respective providers in Germany. By activating the plug-in, your personal data is transferred to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers, in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser's security settings before clicking on the grayed-out box.
(2) We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing and the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (also for users who are not logged in) in order to display demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, with you having to contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins, we offer you the possibility of interacting with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected on our site will be directly assigned to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, especially before activating the button, as this allows you to avoid your data being assigned to your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the following data protection declarations of these providers. There you will also find further information on your rights in this regard and settings options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; https://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: https://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; https://privacy.xing.com/en/privacy-policy.
d) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 9 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) Our online offering includes YouTube videos that are stored at https://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all embedded in "Advanced Privacy Mode", which means that no data about you as a user will be transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube is informed that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or whether no user account exists. If you're logged in to Google, your information will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want your data to be assigned to your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) in order to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
§ 10 Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the services of Google Maps. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
(2) By visiting the website, Google is informed that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to or whether there is no user account. If you're logged in to Google, your information will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want your data to be assigned to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) in order to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.
§ 11 Use of Google Adwords Conversion
(1) We use the services of Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising material (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. Through this, we aim to show you advertisement which is of interest for you, makes our website more interesting for you and achieves a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertising media are delivered by Google via so-called "Ad Servers". For this purpose, we use Ad Server Cookies, which can be used to measure certain parameters such as the display of ads or clicks by users. If you access our website via a Google advertisement, Google Adwords stores a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (tag showing the user no longer wishes to receive ads) are usually stored as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognize your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an AdWords client's website and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the client may recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was directed to that page. Each Adwords client is assigned a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be traced via the websites of Adwords clients. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data in the aforementioned advertising campaigns. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. On the basis of these evaluations, we can identify which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from using the advertising media, in particular we cannot identify the users on the basis of this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our level of knowledge: Through the integration of AdWords Conversion, Google receives is informed that you have visited the relevant part of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may find out and store your IP address.
(5) You can prevent participation in this tracking process in various ways: a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by suppressing third party cookies so that you do not receive advertisements from third parties; b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com",&nbs...#####, with this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by disabling the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the About Ads self-regulatory campaign through the link www.aboutads.info/choices, with this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanently disabling it in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers through the link https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996. We draw your attention to the fact that, in this case, you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of this offering.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. You can find further information on data protection at Google here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 12 Remarketing
Besides Adwords Conversion we use the Google Remarketing application. This is a procedure with which we would like to appeal to you again. Through this application, you can be shown our advertisements after visiting our website during your subsequent Internet use. This is done by means of cookies stored in your browser, which are used by Google to record and evaluate your usage behavior when visiting various websites. In this way Google can determine your previous visit to our website. According to its own statements, Google does not combine the data collected in the course of remarketing with your personal data, which may be stored by Google. In particular, according to Google, pseudonymization is used for remarketing.
§ 13 Facebook Custom Audiences
(1) Furthermore, the website uses the "Custom Audiences" remarketing function of Facebook Inc. "("Facebook"). This allows users of the Site to view interest-based advertisements ("Facebook Ads") when visiting the Facebook social network or other sites that also use the process. Through this, we aim to show you advertisement which is of interest for you in order to make our website more interesting for you.
(2) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server. We have no influence on the extent and further use of the data collected through the use of this tool by Facebook and therefore inform you according to our level of knowledge: Through the integration of Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook is informed that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered on Facebook or have not logged in, the provider may collect and store your IP address and other identifiers.
(3) Deactivating the "Facebook Custom Audiences" function is possible for logged in users at
(4) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. For more information about Facebook data processing, please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
§ 14 A/B testing
(1) This website also carries out analyses of user behavior via so-called A/B testing. We can show you our websites with slightly varied content, depending on the profile assignment. In this way we can analyze our offer, regularly improve it and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for A/B testing is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) For this evaluation, cookies (more details in § 3) are stored on your computer. You can prevent the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use our website to its full extent. Preventing the storage of cookies can be done through your browser settings. It is possible to prevent the use of A/B testing by clicking the following link to activate the opt-out plug-in:
(3) Before the analyses are carried out, the IP addresses are further processed in abbreviated form, thus ruling out direct personal references. The IP address transmitted by your browser is not merged with other data collected by us.
(4) The analysis service provider is Google. Information from the third-party provider on data protection can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
§ 15 Contact form
You have the option of contacting us via our contact form. The data is inputted expressly on a voluntary basis. The personal data provided will be treated confidentially and used for the intended purpose in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations. The data will not be passed on to third parties outside our company.
§ 16 Security
ONLINE BIRDS uses technical and organizational security measures to protect the data you provide against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. These security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. In all other respects, all employees and vicarious agents are bound by the data confidentiality provisions of the German Data Protection Act.
Status: November 2019